Adidas is a well-known sportswear brand that is always looking for ways to improve its products. One way they do this is through the Adidas product testing program.
This program allows Adidas to receive direct feedback from its customers, which helps to improve product quality and enhance customer engagement.
As a product tester, you will get to try out new products for free and provide your feedback on their design, functionality, comfort, and performance.
So, if you want to become an Adidas product tester but don’t know anything about it, you have come to the right place. In this blog post, we’re going to tell you everything you need to know about the Adidas testing program.
- Adidas has a product testing program where customers can try out new products and provide feedback.
- Testers are selected based on various criteria, and they receive products for a testing period of 2-4 weeks.
- While there are pros like trying products before they’re released, there’s no payment, and testers can’t keep the items.
What is Adidas Product Testing?
Adidas product testing is a process that ensures that Adidas products meet their high standards. The products are tested for durability, waterproofing, temperature regulation, and overall performance.
These tests are conducted to ensure that Adidas products perform well in real-world scenarios and under different conditions.
Adidas carefully selects participants for product testing based on their shoe/apparel size, demographic profile, geographic location, sport or athletic profile, and other relevant factors.
Participants must be able to fit into the test products, which are available in limited sizes. They must also meet minimum weekly activity requirements for their respective sports.
The Adidas product testing program gives you the opportunity to try out new Adidas products before they are released to the public. You will need to provide feedback on the products, but you will not be able to keep them.
How the Adidas Product Testing Works
As a product tester, you’ll get the chance to try out upcoming Adidas items before they’re available in stores.
After you’ve signed up and joined the tester database, you’ll be eligible to test products as they become accessible. You’ll be matched with products that match your size and preferences.
Testers are chosen based on characteristics like size, demographic details, location, sports interests, and athletic profile by the Product Testing Team.
If you’re chosen for a product testing opportunity, you’ll receive an email invitation to take part. If you accept, they’ll send you the product along with instructions for assessing it. You’ll then use the product for the agreed-upon testing duration, which is typically around 2-4 weeks.
Some tests may require you to follow your usual routine, while others may ask for detailed activity logs, mileage records, or even a brief survey. At the end of the testing period and evaluation, you’ll return the product for inspection, and you won’t be charged for shipping or handling.
Is it Worth it – Pros and Cons
Being an Adidas product tester can be a great way to try out new products and provide feedback that can help improve them. To help you decide whether it will be worth your time, we have listed a few advantages and drawbacks of this testing program.
- You get to try out new Adidas products before they are released to the public.
- You get to test premium quality sportswear for free.
- You get the chance to try out unreleased Adidas products for up to four weeks.
- You don’t have to pay anything to return the product to Adidas.
- There is no guarantee that you will be accepted into the program.
- You won’t be allowed to keep the products you tested.
- You won’t get paid to test products.
- You don’t get to pick a specific product you want to test.
What Adidas Products Testers Get
There are two product testing programs available for Adidas product testers:
- Footwear Program: Product testers in this program will receive sneakers, sports shoes, lace-up trainers, athletic shoes, running shoes, sandals, or other Adidas shoes.
If you specify a particular sport when signing up, you might be sent a related item, such as a running shoe instead of a regular sneaker, to test out.
- Apparel Program: Product testers in this program will receive sportswear from Adidas’ Originals, Three Stripe, and Outdoor product ranges. Jackets, tops, sweaters, sweatshirts, and sweatpants are all commonly tested.
The specific products you receive will depend on your location, sport, and other factors. However, you can expect to receive high-quality Adidas products that are still under development.
Does Adidas Pay the Product Testers?
Adidas has a clear policy that it does not pay its wear-testers. Product testers do not receive payment, nor do they get to keep the products they test.
This policy is in place to make sure that the feedback Adidas receives from its wear testers is unbiased and objective.
The only rewards are the opportunity to use a new product before it is released to the public and the chance to provide feedback that could help shape future products.
Adidas mentioned this specifically on their website:
“Adidas does not compensate its wear testers financially. There are some people on social media who claim to have been paid to be wear testers for Adidas, but these claims are false. Adidas does not endorse or sponsor these claims.”
How to be Eligible for Adidas Product Testing
If you like to register in the Adidas product testing process, you must meet the following requirements:
- Having internet access and a valid email address.
- Being able to read and write in German or English.
- Being at least 18 years old.
- Providing your body measurements.
- Not testing any competitor products.
- Not sharing any information about the product you are testing with anyone, including on social media, in personal messages, or in any other form of communication.
How to Sign up for the Product Testing
To apply for Adidas product testing, you need to follow these steps:
- Eligibility Requirements: First of all, you need to make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria outlined on the official Adidas product testing website, such as being at least 18 years old, residing in either Europe or the United States, and some other requirements.
- Apply Online: Go to the official Adidas product testing website at https://producttesting.adidas.com/. On the website, you can find a link or section for applying to become a product tester. Click on it to access the application form.
- Complete the Application: Fill out the application form with your personal information and details as required. Remember to provide accurate information. This information includes your region, preferred division, body measurements, and category interests.
- Submit Your Application: After completing the application form, submit it through the website. Adidas will review your application.
- Wait for Contact: If your application is selected, you will be contacted by Adidas. You will receive an email invitation that includes information about the product, the testing period, and how to participate.
- Testing and Feedback: If selected, you will receive Adidas products to test. You’ll be expected to use and evaluate these products for a specified period, often 2-4 weeks.
- Return Products: After the testing period, you need to return the products to Adidas.
Overall, whether or not being an Adidas product tester is worth it depends on your interests and priorities. If you are a fan of Adidas and like to help shape the future of its products, then being a product tester could be a rewarding experience for you.